Newbourne: Farm shop scoops festival award
A FARM shop is celebrating an award-winning impact at Suffolk’s biggest food and drink festival.
Newbourne Farm Shop’s trade stand was chosen as the best at last weekend’s Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival in a competition run by the EADT Suffolk magazine.
The family-run business is now preparing to host one of the festival’s fringe events with a taster day at the shop, near Ipswich, tomorrow.
Penny Finch, who manages the shop, said she was delighted with the success of her stand at the two-day event at Snape Maltings.
“It was a lot of hard work over the weekend but it was worth it – it was lovely winning the award,” she said.
“Everything was fresh, so we were up early in the morning picking the produce to sell on the day.
“We didn’t know what to expect but we were really busy from start to finish.”
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 9 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 10 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
Mrs Finch, 28, opened the shop four and-a-half years ago.
Her family has farmed the land for more than 30 years but took the decision to go direct to local customers when selling to the supermarkets became less profitable.
The shop is now going from strength to strength and is hosting the taster day – featuring a number of local food and drink producers – between 10am and 4pm tomorrow.