Newmarket: Quotient agrees sale of bioanalytical sciences division to LGC
QUOTIENT Bioresearch, based at Fordham, near Newmarket, has agreed the sale of its bioanalytical sciences division to LGC for an undisclosed sum.
The division, which is a leading provider of bioanalytical services for small molecule, biomarker, biopharmaceutical and microbiological testing by customers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, will become part of Middlesex-based LGC’s health sciences business.
Quotient and LGC have also agreed to collaborate as preferred partners on the provision of bioanalytical sciences, so that clients will continue to benefit from the development of services by Quotient.
The latest transaction follows the sale two years ago by Quotient to LGC of HFL Sport Science, which is also based at the Fordham site.
Jeremy Cook, managing director of LGC’s health sciences, said: “We’re delighted to have acquired Quotient Bioanalytical Sciences, a high quality business which is complementary to our existing activities.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to develop our range of first-rate services in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and agrochemical sectors by offering our customers a unique mix of technical experience, leading edge facilities and knowledgeable people.”
Steve Pleasance, managing director of Quotient Bioanalytical Sciences, added: “LGC’s focus on complex analytical chemistry, high quality science and service delivery make them a natural home for our business.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“Both our organisations have reputations built upon quality and innovation and LGC’s global presence will help support the continued growth of services to our customers.”