Newmarket’s Bedford Lodge Hotel invests £300k in new gym equipment
- Credit: Archant
The Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa in Newmarket has invested £300,000 in upgrading its gym facilities at The Edge Health and Fitness Club.
It means that members and guests now have access to even more state-of-the-art equipment as well as use of the club’s dance studio and swimming pool.
The new equipment includes treadmills, stair climbers and a new range of equipment for cardio training and strength improvement.
All the new kit for the gym comes from Life Fitness, a global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing.
Noel Byrne, chief executive at Bedford Lodge, which has 77 bedrooms, said: “The hotel was recently upgraded by the AA from four Black Stars to four Red Stars in recognition of our excellent quality service and standards. We felt strongly that to follow our luxury ethos it was time for a change with our gym facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“We believe it is truly an investment worth making for our members. The new equipment helps to make workouts fun, enjoyable and motivational for all ages and abilities. We also selected Life Fitness because of the quality and aesthetics their equipment provides so it perfectly complements the hotel’s premium and professional offering.”
Alan Stanford, manager at The Edge and a former Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do champion, said: “The new equipment offers a better range of movement on the resistance machine and more features on all the cardio equipment.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
“The facilities are fantastic and the members are already really enjoying the new experience here at The Edge.”