Newmarket’s Bedford Lodge Hotel invests £300k in new gym equipment
- Credit: Archant
The Bedford Lodge Hotel & Spa in Newmarket has invested £300,000 in upgrading its gym facilities at The Edge Health and Fitness Club.
It means that members and guests now have access to even more state-of-the-art equipment as well as use of the club’s dance studio and swimming pool.
The new equipment includes treadmills, stair climbers and a new range of equipment for cardio training and strength improvement.
All the new kit for the gym comes from Life Fitness, a global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing.
Noel Byrne, chief executive at Bedford Lodge, which has 77 bedrooms, said: “The hotel was recently upgraded by the AA from four Black Stars to four Red Stars in recognition of our excellent quality service and standards. We felt strongly that to follow our luxury ethos it was time for a change with our gym facilities.
“We believe it is truly an investment worth making for our members. The new equipment helps to make workouts fun, enjoyable and motivational for all ages and abilities. We also selected Life Fitness because of the quality and aesthetics their equipment provides so it perfectly complements the hotel’s premium and professional offering.”
Alan Stanford, manager at The Edge and a former Tang Soo Do and Tae Kwan Do champion, said: “The new equipment offers a better range of movement on the resistance machine and more features on all the cardio equipment.
- 1 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 5 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 6 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 7 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 8 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 9 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
“The facilities are fantastic and the members are already really enjoying the new experience here at The Edge.”