Newmarket: The House Collection to relaunch Swynford Paddocks Hotel
- Credit: Archant
BOUTIQUE hotel operator The House Collection is to launch its second hotel with the refurbishment and rebrand of Swynford Paddocks.
The country house hotel at Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, will relaunch in the spring as Paddocks House, creating around 30 jobs.
Redevelopment will include a new 60-cover restaurant, two private dining rooms and an extended conservatory to create a function venue for around 150 guests. Conference facilities for corporate events and business meetings will also be available.
The House Collection’s first property, Poets House in Ely, is also due to open in the spring but has already been named by The Times as one of the world’s “Top 20 Cool New Hotels for 2013”.
David Toulson-Burke, managing director of The House Collection, said: “We are delighted to announce the launch of the second House Collection hotel. Injecting fresh investment into Paddocks House presents a wonderful opportunity to revive the property to its former glory.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a fabulous place for local people to enjoy and an asset that will strengthen the wider appeal of the mid-Anglia region, while also supporting local employment. Like Poets House in Ely, Paddocks House will be designed with discerning guests in mind, helping to meet growing demand for high-quality hospitality in mid-Anglia and the Cambridge area.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m