Newmarket: The Spa at Bedford Lodge to open on July 3
- Credit: Archant
A NEW “destination” spa is expected to bring in visitors from far afield when it opens its doors in July.
The Spa at Bedford Lodge in Newmarket, which opens on July 3, says it will be offering “a genteel and discreet escape from daily life for both ladies and gentlemen”.
The £3million spa, which lies next to the hotel, is housed in a Victorian built property which once formed part of the estate of the sixth Duke of Bedford.
The development has retained many of the building’s original features including the grand staircase and high ceilings which have been restored.
Facilities include a mezzanine hydrotherapy pool with shoulder massage fountains and views over the paddocks, an outdoor rooftop hot tub, cleansing and detoxing mud treatments, experiential showers which stimulate the senses with a combination of music, lights and water. and a steam room and sauna.
A “decadent” relaxation room will be available for private parties, and the spa includes 10 treatment rooms including a beauty room for manicures and pedicures and a therapy room for visiting cosmetic doctors offering non invasive procedures.
The Spa lounge will offer guests a chance to catch up with friends while enjoying a selection of healthy or indulgent light bites.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 3 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 6 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 7 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 8 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 9 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
- 10 Ed's guitar raffle pays for new Music Ark in primary school
Spa manager Anna Ramsay has been working with global luxury spa brand ESPA to develop a treatment menu which will offer a compact range of treatments including advanced facials, therapeutic massage with hot stones and detoxifying body cleanses.
She is also developing a choice of signature treatments.