Next stop Mount Kilimanjaro for Neil
HAVING trained on the Suffolk heights - and Snowdonia - Neil Kenyon is ready to take on his greatest challenge.
The National Farmers’ Union (NFU) group secretary, who works at NFU Mutual’s Suffolk Coastal group office in Halesworth, is gearing up to conquer Mount Kilimanjaro.
But his charity challenge in February will take him almost 50 times higher than the 128-metre Great Wood Hill at Rede, near Halesworth.
“I have been a keen mountaineer for a number of years and I am turning 40 next year,” he said.
“I thought it would be a fantastic idea to combine my love of the hills with a fundraising project for the Make A Wish children’s charity. I will be taking the less trodden and more technical Macahme route and the trek will last 10 days.
You may also want to watch:
“I have a minimum target of �3,500 but I am hoping to raise far more than that for this worthy cause.”
The Make A Wish children’s charity aims to make dreams come true for terminally ill children and young people fighting life-threatening illnesses.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
Neil has already secured some corporate sponsorship with Lovewell Blake Chartered Accounts agreeing to be main sponsors and Autoglass, Hammond Landrover of Halesworth and Cunningham Lindsey Loss Adjusters providing generous support.
Anyone wanting to help him reach his target can go to his fund-raising page, www.justgiving.com/Neil-Kenyon.