North Suffolk: Hughes to take on Taylor Electrical guarantee, service and rental customers
- Credit: Archant
EAST Anglia-based electricals retailer Hughes has taken on the under-guarantee and general service work of Beccles-based Taylor Electrical which ceased trading earlier this year.
Hughes Electrical has also taken over the rental accounts of Taylor Electrical, which also had branches in Halesworth, Diss and Mildenhall.
Former Taylor employee Albert Earthy, who has worked in electrical retailing since 1972, has been recruited by Hughes and will be based it its store in Beccles, which has been trading since 1958.
Mr Earthy said: “I am delighted to be staying in an industry that I love and which has been my life for over 40 years. It also means I can also look forward to seeing some of my former customers in the Hughes shop in Beccles.”
Hughes Electrical is based in Lowestoft and has more than 30 storess across Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Robert Hughes, managing director, said: “The loss of Taylor Electrical was a further blow to independent retailers but we have been pleased to step in and make the process as easy as possible for customers of its four outlets.
“They can now look forward to receiving the same high level of service as they previously enjoyed. We operate 16 service vehicles in the Beccles area so are always on hand to help.
- 1 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 5 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 6 Plans to explore Dutch-style cycling network in Suffolk town
- 7 'Bonne Mania' made us all smile... it faded but we'll always have the memories
- 8 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
“Despite reports about the challenges facing the electrical retail industry we are convinced those companies that continually invest to provide top quality customer service combined with an excellent product range will succeed.
“In the last 12 months we have doubled the size of both our Lowestoft and Cambridge shops,” he added.
Last year Hughes Electrical was the preferred supplier of kitchen appliances to the London Olympics which saw it supply more than 3,000 individual items to the games.