Northern edge of Bury St Edmunds earmarked for upto 950 new homes
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Housebuilder David Wilson Homes is planning to build nearly 200 new homes for the edge of Bury St Edmunds.
National housebuilder David Wilson Homes has announced almost 200 new homes for the Marham Park area, on the northern outskirts of Bury St Edmunds.
Marham Park is earmarked for almost 1,000 homes eventually, to be built off Mildenhall Road.
There is already outline planning permission for up to 950 new homes.
Nearly 200 new homes from one of the country’s leading five star rated homebuilders, David Wilson Homes will be coming soon to Marham Park.
You may also want to watch:
David Wilson Homes has revealed its plans for the important site.
The developer, which is based in Chelmsford has recently acquired a landmark scheme and is looking to submit a detailed planning application for 184 two, three, four and five bedroom houses and apartments later this month.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
Subject to planning permission being granted, David Wilson Homes hopes to have show homes available to view by the autumn.
The first home will be ready to move into in early 2018, they said.
A spokesman for the company said Marham Park is designed to combine an idyllic village setting with convenient modern living and the development will include acres of parkland and open space to blend with the surrounding countryside.
Jason Colmer, sales director at David Wilson Homes Eastern Counties said: “We’re very excited to be building at Marham Park. This new homes scheme promises to be a great place to live with parkland and amenities included on site. We look forward to being able to deliver much needed homes for this area of Suffolk.”
David Wilson Homes is part of the Barratt Group, which sold 17,319 homes in the year to June 2016, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain
Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the seventh consecutive year in the 2015 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey
Site managers working for Barratt Group won 110 awards for quality workmanship in the 2016 NHBC Pride in the Job Awards. Barratt has won more Pride in the Job awards than any other housebuilder for the last 12 years