Notcutts fundraising total grows nearly £11,000 for Macmillan
- Credit: Notcutts Garden Centres Ltd
Customers and colleagues at Notcutts Garden Centres have raised £10,857 towards Macmillan Cancer Support – accumulated over the past two years with various fundraising initiatives at Notcutts’ 18 garden centres nationwide.
Notcutts CEO, Nick Burrows, presented a cheque to Sema Hussein, Norfolk and Suffolk fundraising manager for Macmillan, at Notcutts’ offices in Woodbridge.
More than half of the donation was raised through the ‘Pennies’ scheme, where customers have the option of rounding up their purchase with the difference going to charity.
The remainder was raised through carrier bag sales and local staff initiatives at Notcutts’ garden centres in Peterborough, Cranleigh, Staines, Nottingham, Stockport and Worksop.
Nick Burrows said: “We’re very proud to donate such a fantastic sum to an important charity, thanks to the generous support of our customers and garden centre teams. We hope the donation will go a long way towards Macmillan’s incredible work for people affected by cancer locally and nationally.”
You may also want to watch:
Sema Hussein said: “I am thrilled to be working with Notcutts and to learn of all the ways they continue to fundraise for Macmillan. This sizeable donation will positively impact so many people living with cancer and for that I thank everyone at the garden centres as well as customers for their generosity. It has been a pleasure working with Notcutts and I look forward to growing this successful partnership further.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors