Mildenhall-based Odylique benefits from BEE Anglia energy grant scheme
- Credit: Archant
A family-run firm in Mildenhall with a passion for natural skin care products has further underlined its environmental credentials.
Essential Care (Organics), the company behind the Odylique brand and winner of the Suffolk’s Greenest Small Business title in 2012, has received a grant of more than £3,700 to improve its energy efficiency.
The sum has been awarded by the Business Energy Efficiency (BEE) Anglia project towards the cost of roof insulation, LED lighting and motion detectors, following an independent energy audit.
Together, the measures are expected to achieve an energy saving of 9.7CO2e (carbon dioxide equivalent) and a cost saving of more than £2,000.
“Sustainability is at the core of what we do,” said Abigail Weeds, director. “It’s one of our key values so booking an energy review with BEE Anglia was an easy decision. The process was simple, BEE Advisor David helped us to complete the form for the grant and identified the carbon savings.”
The BEE Anglia project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and is being delivered across the region through a partnership involving Suffolk County Council, Norfolk County Council, Groundwork and NWES.
Matthew Hicks, cabinet member for environment and public protection at Suffolk County Council, said: “I am delighted that we have been able to support Essential Care to enhance their sustainability – both economically and environmentally via this scheme.
- 1 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 2 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 3 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 6 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 7 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 8 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 9 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
“The Business Energy Efficiency Anglia project offers all businesses the independent assurance that these savings will really be achieved.”