Open Farm Sunday invitation
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning Suffolk dairy farm is set to host its seventh Open Farm Sunday tomorrow.
Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses, which is run by Jason and Katharine Salisbury, is based off the A140 Norwich Road at Creeting St Mary.
The couple, who keep their own herd of pedigree Guernseys, and make hand-made cheeses using traditional methods, are winners of Suffolk Agricultural Association’s Best Alternative Land Enterprise (BALE) award.
Entry is free to the farm-based event, which runs from 10am to 4pm. The day includes at host of activities including tractor-trailer rides, farm tours, farm walks, children’s activities, and a chance ot meet cows, calves, lambs, goats and piglets.
No dogs are allowed due to the livestock.
There will be milking demonstrations from 3.30pm, a machinery display and a chance to find out about cheese-making.
The farm includes a farm shop and milk vending machine, and there will be pulled pork rolls, barbecue, tea and cake, artisan coffee, ice creams and morris dancers.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 3 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 4 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 8 Ipswich Town's 'true league standing' revealed in new survey
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
“We are aiming to increase people’s awareness of the option to support dairy farming by buying milk direct from farms - not always an option, I realise, but in our case we now have a milk vending machine open seven days a week, where the customer can purchase fresh pasteurised milk for only £1 per litre,” said Katharine.
Similar events are being held across the country and are organised through LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming).
For information about events in your area go to openfarmsunday.org.