Open Farm Sunday invitation
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning Suffolk dairy farm is set to host its seventh Open Farm Sunday tomorrow.
Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses, which is run by Jason and Katharine Salisbury, is based off the A140 Norwich Road at Creeting St Mary.
The couple, who keep their own herd of pedigree Guernseys, and make hand-made cheeses using traditional methods, are winners of Suffolk Agricultural Association’s Best Alternative Land Enterprise (BALE) award.
Entry is free to the farm-based event, which runs from 10am to 4pm. The day includes at host of activities including tractor-trailer rides, farm tours, farm walks, children’s activities, and a chance ot meet cows, calves, lambs, goats and piglets.
No dogs are allowed due to the livestock.
You may also want to watch:
There will be milking demonstrations from 3.30pm, a machinery display and a chance to find out about cheese-making.
The farm includes a farm shop and milk vending machine, and there will be pulled pork rolls, barbecue, tea and cake, artisan coffee, ice creams and morris dancers.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 4 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
“We are aiming to increase people’s awareness of the option to support dairy farming by buying milk direct from farms - not always an option, I realise, but in our case we now have a milk vending machine open seven days a week, where the customer can purchase fresh pasteurised milk for only £1 per litre,” said Katharine.
Similar events are being held across the country and are organised through LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming).
For information about events in your area go to openfarmsunday.org.