Opening date set for Essex’s first John Lewis store in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
Flagship retailer John Lewis has announced the opening date for its first store in Essex.
Its new Chelmsford store will open its doors to customers at 9.30am on Thursday September 29.
The retailer has invested £18million in the 90,000 sq ft store, which will offer clothing, beauty and home products as well as services including a beauty treatment room, a foreign currency shop and click and collect facility.
The store is part of the wider Bond Street development in the city, which will also include an Everyman cinema and 20 minutes free parking.
Laura Rawstron, branch manager, said: “I’m thrilled to be able to confirm John Lewis Chelmsford will open on September 29.
You may also want to watch:
“The business has had ambition to open a shop in Essex for some time now, and the Bond Street development couldn’t be a better proposition for us.
“I am delighted to be welcoming a team who I know will deliver the exceptional levels of customer service that John Lewis is renowned for to the people of Chelmsford and Essex, and look forward to meeting our very first customers in just over two months time.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
Other retailers opening on the same day in the development include White Company, Foyles, Joules and Jack Wills.
Tony Chambers, chairman of overall developers Aquila, added: “The opening of the new John Lewis store, along with a fantastic range of other shops and restaurants, will transform the shopping experience in Chelmsford.
“This has been a long time coming but I am confident it will prove to be worth waiting for.”
John Lewis Chelmsford is also searching for three local charities to support as part of its Community Matters programme.
Anyone can nominate a good cause, which sees £3,000 split between the three every 12 weeks.
Nominations can be made by sending a 100-200 word nomination to email@example.com by 6pm on July at 22.