Opticians in the frame for award
THE eyes had it at an optician business after it scooped a prestigious national title. Dipple and Conway, which has practices in Stowmarket, Norwich and Swaffham, was named the UK's top varifocal lens dispensers at the 2009 Optician Awards in Birmingham.
THE eyes had it at an optician business after it scooped a prestigious national title.
Dipple and Conway, which has practices in Stowmarket, Norwich and Swaffham, was named the UK's top varifocal lens dispensers at the 2009 Optician Awards in Birmingham.
Delighted Damian Conway, director of the long-established independent firm, said it was “a proud moment” as he collected the Varilux Golden Jubilee Award at the National Motorcycle Museum.
“I was thrilled because it reinforces the message we are using the very best practice in dispensing varifocal lenses. It is a tremendous honour to know we are setting the benchmark for all other opticians in the country,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“This award is given in recognition of our record in prescribing varifocal lenses in accordance with clients' needs. The manufacturers' return rate shows that we consistently attain a very high satisfaction rate compared with the UK average.”
The family firm is currently owned by the three grandsons of Thomas Conway, who started the business in Norwich in partnership with jeweller George Dipple in 1916. Damian, Robert and James joined the business in the 1980s.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The host at this year's awards ceremony was comedian, actor and radio/television presenter Jason Manford, star of TV's 8 out of 10 Cats.