Opticians in the frame for award
THE eyes had it at an optician business after it scooped a prestigious national title. Dipple and Conway, which has practices in Stowmarket, Norwich and Swaffham, was named the UK's top varifocal lens dispensers at the 2009 Optician Awards in Birmingham.
THE eyes had it at an optician business after it scooped a prestigious national title.
Dipple and Conway, which has practices in Stowmarket, Norwich and Swaffham, was named the UK's top varifocal lens dispensers at the 2009 Optician Awards in Birmingham.
Delighted Damian Conway, director of the long-established independent firm, said it was “a proud moment” as he collected the Varilux Golden Jubilee Award at the National Motorcycle Museum.
“I was thrilled because it reinforces the message we are using the very best practice in dispensing varifocal lenses. It is a tremendous honour to know we are setting the benchmark for all other opticians in the country,” he said.
“This award is given in recognition of our record in prescribing varifocal lenses in accordance with clients' needs. The manufacturers' return rate shows that we consistently attain a very high satisfaction rate compared with the UK average.”
The family firm is currently owned by the three grandsons of Thomas Conway, who started the business in Norwich in partnership with jeweller George Dipple in 1916. Damian, Robert and James joined the business in the 1980s.
- 1 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 2 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 3 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 8 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 9 'I'll do whatever's in my power' - Ball makes vow to Ipswich Town fans
- 10 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
The host at this year's awards ceremony was comedian, actor and radio/television presenter Jason Manford, star of TV's 8 out of 10 Cats.