Suffolk estates manager takes part in gruelling African cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
A landowners’ leader has already raised nearly £3,000 for charity as he prepares to head off on a 500km cycle ride in Kenya.
Ben Crossman, who is estates manager at Orwell Park Estates at Nacton, Ipswich, as well as chairman of the Suffolk branch of the Country Land and Business Association (CLA), sets off on Sunday, February 10, on the gruelling five-day challenge.
He will join 75 other riders from around the world as he cycles from Nairobi to Meru to raise money for Child.org, an international development charity dedicated to ensuring every child has an opportunity to survive and prosper from birth to adulthood.
MORE - College set for ‘full structural review’ after Ofsted reportsBen, who has cycled more than 2,500 miles in preparation for the challenge, was part of a team of three who joined the Dumball Rally raising more than £14,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust by driving a vintage taxi across India back in 2016.
“I like to set myself challenges and a 500 kilometre cycle across Kenya in five days on a mountain bike along partially unmade roads contending with altitude, high temperatures and the local wildlife certainly fits the bill,” he said.
“As someone who has a young family I appreciate how important it is to give children a voice and an opportunity to succeed and I am delighted to be supporting child.org in their work.”
You may also want to watch:
To support Ben, visit his fundraising page: https://child.org/me/ben-and-miles-ride-across-keyna
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune