Suffolk estates manager takes part in gruelling African cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
A landowners’ leader has already raised nearly £3,000 for charity as he prepares to head off on a 500km cycle ride in Kenya.
Ben Crossman, who is estates manager at Orwell Park Estates at Nacton, Ipswich, as well as chairman of the Suffolk branch of the Country Land and Business Association (CLA), sets off on Sunday, February 10, on the gruelling five-day challenge.
He will join 75 other riders from around the world as he cycles from Nairobi to Meru to raise money for Child.org, an international development charity dedicated to ensuring every child has an opportunity to survive and prosper from birth to adulthood.
MORE - College set for ‘full structural review’ after Ofsted reportsBen, who has cycled more than 2,500 miles in preparation for the challenge, was part of a team of three who joined the Dumball Rally raising more than £14,000 for Teenage Cancer Trust by driving a vintage taxi across India back in 2016.
“I like to set myself challenges and a 500 kilometre cycle across Kenya in five days on a mountain bike along partially unmade roads contending with altitude, high temperatures and the local wildlife certainly fits the bill,” he said.
“As someone who has a young family I appreciate how important it is to give children a voice and an opportunity to succeed and I am delighted to be supporting child.org in their work.”
You may also want to watch:
To support Ben, visit his fundraising page: https://child.org/me/ben-and-miles-ride-across-keyna
- 1 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten at home by Wyke goal
- 3 Jack Whomes to be freed after 23 years in jail for 'Essex Boys' murders
- 4 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 5 Farm vehicle and power tools worth thousands stolen in break in
- 6 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 7 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Town's reaction will be fascinating as Sunderland visit on a big night for Lambert's Ipswich
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat