Otley: College chairman Bob Feltwell stands down ahead of merger
BOB Feltwell is standing down after nearly four years as chairman of the governors of Otley College.
The move coincides with Otley’s merger with Easton College in Norfolk which – as reported in the EADT earlier this week – also sees the retirement of Otley principal Philip Winfield.
Mr Feltwell, who was previously chief executive of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce for 16 years, became a governor at Otley in April 2008 and was elected chairman six months later.
During his chairmanship, Otley College has developed strong links with University Campus Suffolk, its sports fields have undergone a major transformation and new fishery and horticultural facilities have been created.
Mr Feltwell, who will become a governor of the new Easton & Otley College, said:
You may also want to watch:
“I am incredibly proud to have been the chair of governors at Otley College. I am confident that the college is in a strong position to continue the superb work that it does when supporting students in the educational sector in Suffolk and beyond.
“It is an exciting time at the college with the creation of the new Easton & Otley College in the summer of 2012 and I am pleased to be continuing as a governor of the new college serving Norfolk, Suffolk and the wider area.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
“The new college, born out of two equal and successful colleges, is aiming to become a powerful educational force serving our rural industries and I’m delighted to be a part of this.”
In his last duty as chairman, Mr Feltwell thanked six other Otley governors who are retiring from their roles.
He said: “I would like to thank Jane Dale, Lavinia Finn, Jane Rabagliati, Roger Smith, Jane Storey and Robin Vickers for all their efforts in supporting the college over many years.”