Otley ready for day of shear delight
- Credit: Archant
STAFF and students at an East Anglian land college are gearing up for their big annual family fun day bash on Saturday.
The Big Day Out at Easton and Otley College’s Otley campus takes place on Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
The event, the ninth of its kind, will be raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the local branch of the Guide Dogs.
The community event - based eight miles north of Ipswich - regularly attracts between 3,000 and 5,000 visitors.
The Archant- sponsored occasion includes free entry and parking, and a host of activities for all the family.
Events include tractor rides, land-zorbing, craft stalls, an education zone, mini land-rovers, a fun dog show.
A total of 40 external companies will be supporting the 2013 event.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Highways chiefs fear 'severe impact' of 1,375-home plans
- 3 When will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk today?
- 4 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 7 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 8 Highways officials to discuss speed limits on busy Suffolk road
- 9 Road closed after two-vehicle crash in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
One of the organisers, Sarah Cousins, said preparations were well under way for the showcase event
“This is the first time that we will be hosting the event as a new college since Otley and Easton College became a new establishment in August 2012 and we are very much looking forward to the event.
“There are always lots of fun activities on the day for all the family and this year will be no different.”
“Teachers and staff will also be on hand to give advice on the range of courses that are on offer in our education zone.”