Oulton Broad: GlamR in the running to defend Best Beauty Salon title at the English Hair & Beauty Awards
- Credit: Archant
North Suffolk beauty salon GlamR has again been nominated for a top honour at the English Hair & Beauty Awards, where it was among the winners last year.
It means that GlamR, which is run by Maria Giles at Oulton Broad, near Lowestoft, has the chance to defend the Best Beauty Salon title which it won at the 2013 awards.
The business was launched five years ago and relocated to larger premises in 2011, with Mrs Giles having successfully grown the business despite suffering from a medical condition which causes extreme tiredness.
She was also shortlisted for Best Make-Up Artist at last year’s English Hair & Beauty Awards, where Gemma Roberts, her manageress, was also shortlisted for Best Nail Technician.
Mrs Giles has been working has a make-up artist for more than 10 years. After graduating from Jemma Kidd Make Up School, she assisted Samatha Chapman at Pixiwoo, before securing the position of head make-up artist for the Sandra Reynolds agency.
You may also want to watch:
She has worked on projects such as FindMe A Face (on ITV2) and with personalities Sara Cox, Anna Ryder Richardson and Denise van Outen as well as firms such as Wags boutique, Miss Sixty Jewellery, Loreal and Argos.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say