Packaging business lands funding deal

SUFFOLK-based packaging solutions company Linkx Systems Ltd has landed a funding package from NatWest under the Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG) scheme.

Established in 2007 by directors David Hayward and Doug Reilly, Linkx has quickly earned a reputation for quality service and innovation, working with a range of blue chip companies across a variety of sectors including food and drink, pharmaceutical and the pet food industry.

The funding package from NatWest, the value of which has not been disclosed, was provided as part of the EFG, the Government-backed scheme designed to provide businesses with necessary working capital or investment finance.

Under the scheme, the Government will guarantee 75% of any loans made, with the bank covering the remaining 25%.

Mr Hayward said: “The nature of our business means that we need to keep a watchful eye on our cash flow because of the high value equipment we use to complete many of the contracts we carry out.

“Our equipment is manufactured to the highest level and this has been recognised by a number of blue chip organisations who employ our services.

“We approached NatWest to discuss cash management options and have been delighted by the service provided by our relationship manager, Graham Chapple, who we see as a partner to the business and has been very supportive from day one. With current market conditions the main concern facing companies like ourselves is cash flow and NatWest has enabled us to put in place a strategy to support the day to day running of our business and also future growth opportunities.”

Most Read

Mr Hayward added: “At Linkx Systems we feel we are bucking the trend of UK manufacturers by demonstrating rapid growth and development.

“As well as securing a number of high profile contracts with blue chip companies we have also recently started exporting into Germany. The funding provided by NatWest gives us a sound platform from which to expand and explore new opportunities.”

Mr Chapple, a senior relationship manager for business and commercial banking at NatWest, which is part of the Royal Bank of Scotland group, said: “Linkx Systems Ltd has a very strong management team that follows a clear business vision and employs forward thinking that will help the company expand in line with growth plans over the next few years.

“We are delighted to welcome them as a new customer to the bank, demonstrating that the bank continues to be open for business and continues to provide financial support through various funding packages including the EFG.”

Linkx’ product portfolio includes tray, case and carton erectors, shrink wrappers, case and tray sealers, case loaders, and custom end-of-line solutions, all designed and manufactured at state-of-the-art facilities in Beccles.