Coffee chain boss ‘excited’ as new outlet launched in north Essex
- Credit: Northern Gateway/Paddy & Scott's
A Suffolk-based coffee shop chain is opening its first outlet in Colchester as a multimillion pound sports complex is launched in the town.
Paddy & Scott’s is set to join Colchester’s Northern Gateway Sports Park when it opens its doors on April 26.
The chain’s managing director Jon Reed said they were “very excited” to be part of the new £28.8m sports facility off junction 28 of the A12.
The multi-sports complex features a one-mile floodlit cycle track inside a 76-acre sport and leisure facility also includes a learn to ride facility and cycle pump track for children, 3G pitches, grass rugby pitches, a multi-use sports centre, indoor cricket, badminton, and futsal.
There is also a fitness suite, exercise and dance studios, an interactive velo studio — as well as the new Paddy & Scott’s café manned by a team of baristas.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Reed said: “We are very excited to be joining the Northern Gateway Sports Park when it opens in April. It’s going to be a landmark destination for the region with some fantastic facilities. It’s great to be a part of something that links to health, sustainability and well-being.”
Councillor Theresa Higgins, Colchester Borough Council Portfolio Holder for Commercial Services, said: “We’re delighted that Paddy and Scott’s have chosen this great location to open their first café in Colchester and I would like to welcome them to the Northern Gateway Sports Park family.
“Their passion for health and sustainability perfectly complements what we want to create for Colchester at the Sports Park — a location to encourage healthy, active lifestyles.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 4 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 9 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid