Builders’ merchant launches two stores this year as part of region-wide expansion
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A family-run builders’ merchant based in Colchester has fulfilled a long-held ambition to launch a new store in Lincoln as part of a region-wide expansion plan.
Kent Blaxill - which now has 16 sites across the region - searched for some time before locating a 'superb' 3,000sq ft site in the city for its latest decorating supplies store, said commercial director James Park.
The store - which has created four jobs and involved a £175k company investment - will supply a range of premium paint brands, including top Scandinavian brand Tikkurila, Dulux, Little Greene and Farrow & Ball. A further store launch in Newark is planned for the autumn.
MORE - Financial expert goes back to basics to teach 'short-changed' schoolchildren about moneyManaging director Simon Blaxill said: 'Opening a store in Lincoln has been on our agenda for a number of years, so we are pleased to finally open our doors. Our ethos is based on quality products, fair pricing and customer service and we know this will be attractive to quality tradesmen, interior decorators and DIY enthusiasts across Lincoln and the surrounding areas.'
Mr Park said the aim was to provide a setting to enable customers to select colours in relaxed surroundings.
'After Lincoln, we open a further new store in Newark in the autumn as we continue to expand across the Eastern region, so it's a busy year across the region for Kent Blaxill,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Kent Blaxill has branches in Colchester, Ipswich, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Braintree, Woodbridge, Huntingdon, Fakenham, Stamford, Saffron Walden, Chelmsford, Milton Keynes, Cambridge and Kings Lynn.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 8 Village pub given go-ahead to expand dining area
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results