Passenger numbers at Stansted Airport up by nearly 25%
- Credit: Archant
Stansted Airport’s passenger total for last month was up by nearly a quarter compared with February 2014, according to figures released today.
The airport saw nearly 1.47million passengers pass through its terminal, an increase of 24.6% from the monthly total of just under 1.18m a year earlier, making it Stansted’s busiest February since 2008.
The rolling annual total now stands at nearly 20.6m, an increase of 14.4% compared with the previous 12 months.
Andrew Harrison, managing director at Stansted Airport, said: “The extremely positive start to 2015 at Stansted continued at great pace during the month as passenger numbers increased by nearly 25% over the same month last year to make it the busiest February at the airport for seven years.
“The rapid growth in passenger numbers – Stansted is the fastest growing major airport in the UK – and the increasing support we are seeing right across the region for improved rail services between Cambridge, Stansted and London, clearly demonstrates the vital role the airport can and will play in supporting economic growth and activity through better international connectivity and access to overseas markets.”
You may also want to watch:
Cargo tonnage at the airport also grew last month, by 8.8% compared with February 2014 to 17,410 tonnes, with the rolling annual total now 9.7% up on the previous 12 months at 230,136 tonnes.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder