Patrick Barker holds talk on wildlife on the family farm at Westhorpe
- Credit: Archant
Stowmarket farmer Patrick Barker will be holding a talk about wildlife on the family farm on Friday, May 5.
Wildlife of Westhorpe takes place at Westhorpe Village Hall from 7.30pm.
The event will be raising funds for the farm’s ringing projects, with all proceeds going to the Waveney Ringing Group and its ongoing conservation projects.
Tickets priced £5 are payable on the door but please book your place in advance so that organisers can manage numbers.
Refreshments are included and will provided by Westhorpe Hall.
The Barkers’ farm at Westhorpe, run by cousins Patrick and Brian Barker, were winners of FWAG’s Silver Lapwing Award in 2009, and were Farmers Weekly Countryside Farmers of the Year in 2010.
“It would be great to have as many people as possible,” said Patrick.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 3 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 4 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 6 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 7 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 9 Mike Bacon on the Blues: Quality over quantity, please
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place or ring 01449 781078.