Patrick McMahon has been elected senior partner at EastAnglia-based law firm Bidwells with effect from 1 January 2010. At the end of the year, James Buxton will stand down as senior partner of the firm after 10 years in office.
Patrick McMahon has been elected senior partner at EastAnglia-based law firm Bidwells with effect from 1 January 2010.
At the end of the year, James Buxton will stand down as senior partner of the firm after 10 years in office.
Mr McMahon, who is based in London, has been responsible for the investment team for 16 years and became head of commercial in 2007.
As a member of the main board, he has played a key role in steering the firm through the difficulties of the current economic climate.
You may also want to watch:
Under Mr Buxton's leadership Bidwells has grown to a team of nearly 450 partners and staff, and has acquired or merged with six other practices during the last decade. The firm is now the 16th largest property consultancy in the UK, and the largest based outside London.
The Firm won the Estates Gazette Property Advisor of the Year for the Eastern Region in 2009, and was included last year in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For award.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 7 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
In January, Mr Buxton will return to full time client work and business development for the firm, based in its head office in Cambridge.
Commenting on the new appointment he said: "The last ten years have been both exciting and challenging, and Bidwells has made great progress during that period. I am delighted that Patrick is to take over as senior partner and I look forward to supporting him in his leadership of the firm over the coming years."