AN eastern counties specialist grain co-operative has appointed a new director.Paul Wilkinson, former executive chairman of RHM Foods, has been appointed a non-executive director of Fengrain.
AN eastern counties specialist grain co-operative has appointed a new director.
Paul Wilkinson, former executive chairman of RHM Foods, has been appointed a non-executive director of Fengrain.
Mr Wilkinson, who farms in Essex, spent 15 years at RHM plc including six years as executive chairman.
Since 2003, he has developed a range of interests in food and fresh product businesses, and is chairman of East Anglia-based Produce World, Improve, which is the sector skills council for food and drink, and the Big Bear Group, which makes branded goods.
His non-executive directorships include IAWS plc and Thorntons.
“We are delighted to welcome Paul on board,” said Fengrain chairman John Clarke.
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 7 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 8 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 9 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 10 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
“We have declared our commitment to growth and gaining added value for our expanding membership. Paul will bring a wealth of expertise and experience that will help focus our plans to achieve our goals, especially in terms of connecting with the consumer.”
Mr Wilkinson said he was “delighted” to be invited to join the board.
“Fengrain has a reputation for innovation in the market place. In recent years, it has developed a level of expertise and invested in systems that will enable it to capitalise on the many opportunities that are emerging in grain supply chains. I look forward to playing a part in taking this business forward.”