Paving the way for future jobs
A MAJOR study to find suitable sites for creating thousands of jobs has been launched in Suffolk by the Haven Gateway Partnership. The HGP is using GVA Grimley to undertake the strategic sites work which will involve consultation with businesses and identifying market needs.
A MAJOR study to find suitable sites for creating thousands of jobs has been launched in Suffolk by the Haven Gateway Partnership (HGP).
The HGP is using GVA Grimley to undertake the strategic sites work which will involve consultation with businesses and identifying market needs.
This will then enable a thorough review of the availability and suitability of the existing land supply before making recommendations as to the future.
These recommendations will then be used by local councils currently preparing planning documents known as Local Development Frameworks.
You may also want to watch:
David Ralph, chief executive of the Haven Gateway Partnership, said: “The Suffolk part of the Haven Gateway has been set a challenging target of achieving 30,000 additional jobs by 2021.
“Although in the current economic climate we are all concerned about jobs, the area has some strong economic drivers such as the Haven Ports and Adastral Park. These drivers, together with a wide range of micro-businesses, should provide the framework to underpin recovery.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 8 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 9 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
“However, we still need to make sure that we have enough of the right kind of land in the right locations and take all other necessary steps to ensure the delivery of these new jobs in both rural and urban locations. GVA Grimley are well placed to provide this clarity of vision and we are delighted that they are now on board.”
Mike Taylor, director of GVA Grimley, said: “GVA Grimley is delighted to undertake this important piece of work which will directly influence the future direction of the Haven Gateway, Suffolk and the East of England's economy.
“It cements our position in the area and allows synergy with our other current work in region. We are looking forward to continuing our successful working relationship with the local authorities in Suffolk, as well as Suffolk County Council and now the Haven Gateway Partnership.
“The Suffolk Haven Gateway is a diverse and challenging area with key strategic sites for future growth as well as a vibrant rural economy. By working with key businesses and stakeholders in the sub-region we will provide the strategies required to address the issues and challenges facing the area. ”
The study will be completed in early July, with more details about the consultation due to be published on the Choose Suffolk website - www.choosesuffolk.com .