Pegasus Airlines marks 10th anniversary at Stansted ahead of launch of new Russian routes
- Credit: Archant
Turkish budget airline Pegasus has celebrated 10 years of flying from Stansted Airport.
Pegasus currently serves a total of 66 destinations from Stansted, across Turkey, Russia, the Caucasus, Central Asia and North Africa.
Twice-a-day services to Istanbul and direct and connecting flights to destinations such as Izmir, Antalya and Bodrum in Turkey, along with Dubai, Beirut, Tbilisi and Tel Aviv are among its most popular routes from Stansted.
The airline is expanding its Russian services this year with the introduction this month of a new thrice-weekly service to Grozny ahead of flights to Volgograd, Samara and Nizhny Novgorod in June.
Guliz Ozturk, chief commercial office at Pegasus, said: “We are proud to have flown more than 1.5m guests since launching our scheduled service at London Stansted Airport 10 years ago.
“I am delighted to confirm that the strong and positive relationship between Pegasus Airlines and London Stansted Airport is one that we will continue to build upon for further success in the future.”
Mats Sigurdson, aviation director at Stansted Airport, said: “On behalf of everyone at London Stansted Airport, I’d like to offer my congratulations to Pegasus on a fantastic and very successful 10 years at the airport.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 10 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
“We are very proud to have them as a highly valued and key partner at the airport and very much look forward to working with them for many years to come as they continue to develop and grow their highly popular services from London Stansted Airport.”
In all, Pegasus serves more than 100 destinations in 40 different countries. Last year, it increased its total turnover by 6% and grew passenger numbers by 8.1% to 24.14m.