Plinth 2000 delivers record export order ahead of European Games
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk treatment couch manufactuer Plinth 2000 has delivered its largest-ever export order.
Plinth 2000, which is based at Wetheringsett, near Stowmarket, has supplied more than 500 couches for the inaugural European Games, the new multi-sport event being staged in Baku, Azerbaijan, next month.
The games, which run from June 12 to 28, will be attended by around 6,000 athletes, representing the national Olympic committees of countries across Europe.
“The company has ample experience of this type of sports undertaking,” said Plinth 2000 managing director Niall Dyer.
“The new couches have already been shipped to Azerbaijan, to ensure they are ready for the athletes when training in preparation for the games.”
Plinth is optimistic of further export success having recently appointed major distributors in Central and South America and the Middle East, to identify local agents and negotiate central contracts in healthcare markets.
“The appointment of two master distributors in Latin America and the Middle East will enable Plinth 2000 to make further inroads into these important export markets, capitalising upon their partners’ local contacts and understanding of the decision-making chain,” said Mr Dyer.
- 1 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 2 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 3 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 4 Missing 66-year-old woman from west Suffolk found safe
- 5 Ipswich Town away shirt sales up by 138%!
- 6 Revealed: Where house prices are rising fastest in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk's Covid rate trebles as experts warn virus 'hasn't gone away'
- 8 Severe delays on A14 after lorry sheds load of sand on carriageway
- 9 Woman in her 70s dies after serious crash in Hadleigh
- 10 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
“These export initiatives will focus on high-end, technically innovative products, where transport costs are less of a factor and Plinth 2000’s 20-year market and manufacturing expertise comes to the fore.”
Mr Dyer said that a testament to the quality of the company’s products was that fact that it was also exporting to Chine, a country well-known for manufacturing and exporting inexpensive treatment couches of its own.
“With an average 16-year service life and a lifetime warranty on the core lift mechanism, Plinth 2000 clinical-grade couches offer an exceptional return on investment that obviously appeals to quality-minded Chinese buyers,” he added.