Plinth 2000 delivers record export order ahead of European Games
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk treatment couch manufactuer Plinth 2000 has delivered its largest-ever export order.
Plinth 2000, which is based at Wetheringsett, near Stowmarket, has supplied more than 500 couches for the inaugural European Games, the new multi-sport event being staged in Baku, Azerbaijan, next month.
The games, which run from June 12 to 28, will be attended by around 6,000 athletes, representing the national Olympic committees of countries across Europe.
“The company has ample experience of this type of sports undertaking,” said Plinth 2000 managing director Niall Dyer.
“The new couches have already been shipped to Azerbaijan, to ensure they are ready for the athletes when training in preparation for the games.”
You may also want to watch:
Plinth is optimistic of further export success having recently appointed major distributors in Central and South America and the Middle East, to identify local agents and negotiate central contracts in healthcare markets.
“The appointment of two master distributors in Latin America and the Middle East will enable Plinth 2000 to make further inroads into these important export markets, capitalising upon their partners’ local contacts and understanding of the decision-making chain,” said Mr Dyer.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“These export initiatives will focus on high-end, technically innovative products, where transport costs are less of a factor and Plinth 2000’s 20-year market and manufacturing expertise comes to the fore.”
Mr Dyer said that a testament to the quality of the company’s products was that fact that it was also exporting to Chine, a country well-known for manufacturing and exporting inexpensive treatment couches of its own.
“With an average 16-year service life and a lifetime warranty on the core lift mechanism, Plinth 2000 clinical-grade couches offer an exceptional return on investment that obviously appeals to quality-minded Chinese buyers,” he added.