A popular Bungay tearoom has been sold
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
An award-winning cafe in Bungay has been sold as its owners look forward to retirement.
Dave and Sue Watts, who have run the Old Bank Tearoom on Market Place since 2013, are both now looking to slow down.
The business has been bought by someone from the local area, who plans to keep the business running as it has been and will keep on the current staff.
Mr Watts, who started the cafe after being made redundant in 2012, said: "We got so busy that my wife had to pack in working for South Norfolk to help out. The new owners are really excited. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll all be done."
The business, which has an antiques centre and art gallery upstairs, had been for sale for nearly two years and but a suitable offer was only received recently.
You may also want to watch:
The tearoom won This England magazine winter tea room of the year and is the top rated Bungay cafe on TripAdvisor.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'