Port of Felixstowe plays host to Exporting is GREAT campaign’s Export Hub
- Credit: Archant
The Department for International Trade’s touring “Export Hub” has paid a visit to the Port of Felixstowe as part of a Government drive to boost the UK’s overseas sales.
The Export Hub, part of the Government-based Exporting is GREAT campaign, brings together advice and practical guidance for businesses on how they can find customers overseas for their products and services.
A range of local businesses were invited to the hub during its time in Felixstowe where they received presentations on practical assistance for exporters from the Department for International Trade, Barclays Bank, Prettys Solicitors and the ETK Group which specialises in business support for Africa.
Clemence Cheng, chief executive of the Port of Felixstowe and managing director of Hutchison Ports Europe, said: “The Port of Felixstowe has more connections to more overseas destinations than any other UK port.
“As the country’s largest container port it is a key gateway allowing UK exporters to get their goods to a large number of overseas markets.
You may also want to watch:
“The port has already featured as part of the Government’s GREAT campaign and we are delighted to extend the association through this latest initiative.”
Alan Pain, Department for International Trade regional director for the East of England, added: “We were delighted to bring the Export Hub to the Port of Felixstowe, the gateway to UK exporting.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
“This is an excellent way to show businesses just how much demand there is out there for goods and services from this region, something from which many companies are already benefitting.
“With hundreds of live opportunities available via great.gov.uk and the launch of a find-a-buyer service to match companies with worldwide demand, doing business overseas has also never been more straightforward.”