Port of Felixstowe to be the main UK hub for 2M and Ocean shipping alliances
- Credit: citizenside.com
The Port of Felixstowe has been chosen as the main UK hub for two major shipping alliances.
Following a series of recent changes in the alliances under which operators share capacity of key routes, the 2M service will continue to call at Felixstowe.
In addition to its core members, Maersk Line and Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC), capacity will also be offered on 2M sailings by Hamburg Sud and Hyundai Merchant Marine.
The new Ocean Alliance will also be using Felixstowe as its main UK hub, with alliance members CMA CGM, Cosco Shipping, Evergreen and OOCL offering four joint weekly services to and from Asia.
In addition the two alliances and their members, other options available through Felixstowe included APL, BG Freight, Deco Lines, Iscont Line, K-Line, Safmarine, Seago Line, Shipping Corporation of India, Turkon Line, Unifeeder, Wec Lines and Zim.
You may also want to watch:
Lawrence Yam, commercial director, said: “Regular services connect the Port of Felixstowe with over 700 ports worldwide so, wherever you are shipping to or from, there will be a service for you.
“With 33 daily rail freight services from Freightliner, GB Railfreight and DB Cargo to 16 inland destinations, regular feeder services and over 30 leading haulage and logistics companies based in Felixstowe, there is a huge array of transport options to choose from.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview