Poultry firm clay shoot raises £1200 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A charity clay pigeon shoot organised by global poultry research firm Cobb Europe has raised more than £1200.
The event, at High Lodge Leisure in Darsham, near Yoxford, was supported by companies throughout the UK poultry industry.
The team event was won by Eric and Pauline Chapman, Richard Mann and Tom Massey, representing Chapmans of Stradbroke, which supplies bedding for poultry housing. Second was the Cobb Production team of Jimmy Lambert, Marty Spooner, Mark Lappin and Allen Lambert. The individual winner was Eric Chapman with Pauline Chapman and Steven Padley sharing second place.
John Vincent, quality assurance director at Cobb Europe, which has a UK base in Colchester, said the best indicator of the event’s success was the ever-increasing number of competing teams.
“There were 10 teams at the first event in 2011 and 19 teams competed this year. It seems that it is rapidly becoming a recognised industry event with both poultry producers and support services entering teams,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“John Bidwell’s ground at Darsham is difficult to beat with facilities that are easily capable of handling the 120 or so people that come. We plan to build on the success and hope to have more than 20 teams at next year’s event which will be during the Cobb centenary year.”
Twenty four prizes were donated by local businesses and individuals for the raffle which itself raised over £1000.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 10 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
Cobb-Vantress Inc. is a poultry research and development company engaged in the production, improvement and sale of broiler breeding stock. Cobb is the world’s oldest pedigree broiler breeding company. Since 1916 it has grown into one of the world’s leading suppliers of broiler breeding stock with distribution in 100 countries.