Poultry firm clay shoot raises £1200 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A charity clay pigeon shoot organised by global poultry research firm Cobb Europe has raised more than £1200.
The event, at High Lodge Leisure in Darsham, near Yoxford, was supported by companies throughout the UK poultry industry.
The team event was won by Eric and Pauline Chapman, Richard Mann and Tom Massey, representing Chapmans of Stradbroke, which supplies bedding for poultry housing. Second was the Cobb Production team of Jimmy Lambert, Marty Spooner, Mark Lappin and Allen Lambert. The individual winner was Eric Chapman with Pauline Chapman and Steven Padley sharing second place.
John Vincent, quality assurance director at Cobb Europe, which has a UK base in Colchester, said the best indicator of the event’s success was the ever-increasing number of competing teams.
“There were 10 teams at the first event in 2011 and 19 teams competed this year. It seems that it is rapidly becoming a recognised industry event with both poultry producers and support services entering teams,” he said.
“John Bidwell’s ground at Darsham is difficult to beat with facilities that are easily capable of handling the 120 or so people that come. We plan to build on the success and hope to have more than 20 teams at next year’s event which will be during the Cobb centenary year.”
Twenty four prizes were donated by local businesses and individuals for the raffle which itself raised over £1000.
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 10 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
Cobb-Vantress Inc. is a poultry research and development company engaged in the production, improvement and sale of broiler breeding stock. Cobb is the world’s oldest pedigree broiler breeding company. Since 1916 it has grown into one of the world’s leading suppliers of broiler breeding stock with distribution in 100 countries.