Poultry firm recruit
A food management and marketing graduate has joined VION Food Group’s graduate management development programme at its poultry site at Witham.
Alan Hazelton, originally from Co. Tyrone, is one of just 11 successful candidates appointed out of hundreds. He will work in operations, as well as the business’s feed mill, and its planning, finance, and commercial departments.
“I knew I wanted a career in the food and farming industry,” he said. “I researched VION online and liked what I saw - a large company, with lots of opportunities, and hundreds of worldwide locations.”
He added: “I initially applied for a marketing role on the programme. However, the assessment centre stage of the recruitment process made me realise I was more suited to operations.”
This is the second cohort of the ‘Emerge’ programme, which was first launched in 2009, and which includes an in-depth induction to the entire business, and experience of working in a number of departments, before graduates take up the role they have been recruited for.
You may also want to watch:
Each graduate has been appointed a mentor who holds a senior position within the business, and will continually be assessed on a combination of technical and management skills, as well as on their overall progression.
HR director Marie Faichney said; “As a leading UK food company, we know how important it is to identify and develop management talent of the future. Alan definitely falls into that category, and we are delighted that he has joined VION.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases