Suffolk sausage maker celebrates new festive Tesco deal
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk sausage maker has made a festive breakthrough at Tesco stores.
Newmarket sausage producer Powters has secured a new listing which means its Chefs’ Pig sausage meat will be available at the chain’s stores throughout East Anglia over Christmas.
It becomes the third product in its range to sell through the supermarket giant and will be sold across 25 stores.
The sausagemeat, available in 400g packs, uses Newmarket PGI Protected sausage meat and a selection of herbs and spices to create a product for stuffing, sausage rolls, or a range of other dishes.
“We are very pleased to have even more of our range on offer in a national supermarket over Christmas period,” said the firm’s Tristan Powter. “We hope that with better availability even more of our customers will give it a try this festive season.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Powter said the sausagemeat was “always incredibly popular at Christmas”.
The latest deal was signed in October.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases