Prettys employees raise £550 for St Elizabeth Hospice with static bike challenge
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ipswich law firm got cycling for St Elizabeth Hospice - without even having to leave the town.
Employees at Prettys have been taking part in Ride Fest ’17, a new static bike challenge in which companies from across the region put their strength, stamina and nerve to the test in a bid to see who can clock up the most miles, cycle the fastest and raise the most money.
Ten members of staff took on the challenge clocking up almost 90 miles and raising more than £550 for St Elizabeth Hospice.
Ian Seeley, associate at Prettys and corporate social responsibility lead, said: “Many thanks to all team for their cycling efforts and to all our colleagues, clients and suppliers who supported us.
“We raised over £550 which will be donated to St Elizabeth Hospice to help their amazing work supporting those with life-limiting conditions and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
Regional law firm Prettys, founded in 1906, employs 79 staff with offices in Ipswich and Chelmsford.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 8 Busy high street taped off by police
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm