Print firm celebrates expansion
A COLCHESTER print company is celebrating after acquiring a business in Cambridge.Philip Colchester, owner of Colchester Print Group, has bought the goodwill and assets of Impress Resources Group and Piggott Black Bear printers from administrators UHY Hacker Young.
A COLCHESTER print company is celebrating after acquiring a business in Cambridge.
Philip Colchester, owner of Colchester Print Group, has bought the goodwill and assets of Impress Resources Group and Piggott Black Bear printers from administrators UHY Hacker Young.
The deal, completed on Friday , makes Colchester Print Group, which already owns Moreton Hall Press, based at Bury St Edmunds, and Breckland Print and Norwich Labels, based at Attleborough in Norfolk, one of the largest print groups in East Anglia.
All staff at Piggott Black Bear will be retained, and the Cambridge site, which has large-scale presses, will concentrate on high volume and large sized print work with other customer requirements handled by Colchester Print Group firms in Norfolk and Suffolk.
Mr Colchester said they were “delighted” with the deal.
“The Piggott name has been synonymous with high quality printing in Cambridge for over 125 years and we are delighted to have acquired a business with such a pedigree,” he said.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 4 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 5 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 6 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 7 Revealed: The wealthiest people in East Anglia on the Sunday Times Rich List
- 8 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
“This acquisition will allow us to offer our customers an expanded and more competitive range of print services.”