‘No deal’ Brexit could post ‘significant risks’, pubs and brewing group warns
- Credit: Archant
A ‘no deal’ Brexit could pose ‘significant risks’ to pubs and brewing group Greene King’s business in a number of areas, it warned.
In its half-year report, the company outlined recruitment and supply chain challenges which could result from the UK leaving the European Union without a deal.
“In relation to Brexit, the group has identified significant risks in relation to a potential ‘no deal’ Brexit that could materially affect the business including supply chain disruption and availability of products, difficulties in attracting and retaining employees from within the European Union (EU), increased administration on tax and customs as well as a tightening of the property markets affecting both
acquisitions and disposals,” it said in its interim performance report for the six months to October 2018.
The Bury St Edmunds company has already laid out potential risks from Brexit in its 2017/18 annual report, which it is aiming to mitigate through various measures.
You may also want to watch:
One of the risks it was preparing for was “a weakening economy and softer consumer confidence in the UK, which may become more volatile as Brexit looms,” it said. “We also continue to face significant cost headwinds, including the National Living Wage, the Apprenticeship Levy, the sugar tax and utilities taxes.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement