Warning veggie sausages could contain metal after ‘production issue’
- Credit: Archant
Batches of vegetarian cocktail sausages are being recalled amid fears they could contain small pieces of metal.
Quorn Foods is recalling its Quorn Chilled Cocktail Sausages from shops and supermarkets after a production issue caused the mishap.
The potential presence of metal in the 180g packs makes the product unsafe to eat.
MORE: Homebase takeover saves Ipswich store from closurePacks with a use by date of July, 27, July 28 and July 30 are the only items affected - with no other Quorn Foods product impacted by the error.
Food Standards Agency has issued an alert to customers who may have purchased the product to return it as soon as possible.
A Quorn Foods spokesman added: "This product is being recalled as the product may contain small pieces of metal, due to a production issue.
You may also want to watch:
"Please bring it back to your nearest store where you will be given a full refund."
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car