Making the cut at Le Golf National
- Credit: Archant
As the golfing greats of Europe and the USA prepare to battle it out for the Ryder Cup, in Paris, one Ipswich specialist firm has a key role in preparing the course for these sporting legends.
This international competition is seen as the pinnacle of golf, with players like Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson, Rory Mllroy and Justin Rose in the mix.
Ipswich-based golf course equipment manufactuer Ransomes Jacobsen has had a key role, in preparing the fairways and greens of Le Golf National for the eagerly-awaited contest.
Jacobsen turf equipment is the official supplier of the 2018 Ryder Cup.
For Ransomes, making the equipment is only one part of the process.
You may also want to watch:
During the competition, Jacobsen will provide tournament support to the greenkeeping team at the course.
Technical staff from Ransomes Jacobsen in Ipswich will assist staff based at Ransomes Jacobsen France (RJF), in Toulouse, throughout the event.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
In 2016, Le Golf National signed a five year preferred supplier agreement with Ransomes Jacobsen.
The prestigious golf course, which belongs to the French Federation of Golf, demonstrated its confidence in the Jacobsen product line, which has been used at the facility since 2010.
In addition to the course’s regular fleet of Jacobsen equipment, an additional 31 pieces of equipment were delivered to support the Ryder Cup including 12 Jacobsen Eclipse 2 greens mowers, designed to deliver the world’s most precise cut.
This French golf course has been manicured by Jacobsen for many years, under the watchful eye of Alejandro Reyes, the golf courses and estates manager at Le Golf National.
Technical staff from Ransomes Jacobsen sites in Ipswich and France are already at the golf course and will be joined by sales and marketing staff during the tournament.
Nick Brown, corporate accounts manager Jacobsen, said: “We are delighted to be an Official Supplier of The 2018 Ryder Cup in Paris. It’s a proud moment for all staff involved to have machinery made in Ipswich on the course during golf’s biggest tournament.”