THE Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) has named Rebecca Geraghty as the new director of the HGCA sector.Rebecca has worked for HGCA for almost 10 years during which she built up extensive experience and knowledge of the cereals and oilseeds industry.
THE Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) has named Rebecca Geraghty as the new director of the HGCA sector.
Rebecca has worked for HGCA for almost 10 years during which she built up extensive experience and knowledge of the cereals and oilseeds industry. She was appointed marketing manager in 2000 and took up the position of assistant director of crop marketing in 2004. Before joining HGCA, she worked as a manager for Sainsbury's.
Kevin Roberts, chief executive of AHDB said: “I am confident that Rebecca will do an excellent job in managing the delivery of the cereals and oilseeds strategy developed by the HGCA Board. As part of my executive management team she will also help us to achieve the sought after operational efficiencies from the new integrated levy board structure.”
Jonathan Tipples, chairman of the HGCA board, added: “I am delighted that Rebecca has been appointed as the new sector director for HGCA. I have worked with her over a number of years and she is ideally suited to take up the post. She has an excellent understanding of HGCA and the cereals and oilseeds sector, and I look forward to working with her.”
You may also want to watch:
Her appointment is effective from June 2009. The current chief executive, Jonathan Cowens, will leave HGCA in July.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future