Hollesley Post Office to extend opening hours following refurbishment
An east Suffolk Post Office is to see its opening hours increase by almost 60 hours a week under modernising plans.
Hollesley Post Office will be open on Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday afternoons under the new plans.
The branch will also be opening earlier and closing later on other days and will no longer close at lunchtime.
The Post Office will be temporarily closed from 5.30pm on Thursday until 7am on Saturday morning while a counter is installed next to the retail counter.
Chief operating officer for McColl’s Retail Group, Dave Thomas, said: “We are delighted to soon be welcoming Post Office customers to Hollesley Post Office throughout the opening hours of the retail store.
You may also want to watch:
“As a convenience store operator we are always looking for ways to make life easier for our customers and the additional Post Office services will be available for the full opening hours of the store in order to provide an excellent service for the local community.”
Adam Williams, Post Office multiples account executive, said: “We are delighted to be extending the opening hours of this branch. We want to make it as easy as possible for customers to pay their bills, withdraw cash from their bank accounts, and send and collect their mail at a time and place that suits them best.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'