East of England Co-op’s Tractor Taste Tour postponed due to predicted high winds across region
- Credit: East of England Co-op
Regional retail chain the East of England Co-op has postponed a planned tractor tour of Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk to promote its local produce because of predicted high winds.
The Tremendous Tractor Taste Tour was due to take place on Wednesday, January 24, starting in Colchester at breakfast time, heading to Ipswich for lunch and Norwich for tea, but has been put off to a future date.
The aim was to promote local producers, and in particular the county finalists in its annual Producer of the Year awards. Food giveaways were planned at each stop from the two county producers shortlisted.
“Due to forecasted high winds across East Anglia tomorrow, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the East of England Co-op’s Tremendous Tractor Taste Tour,” a spokesperson said.
“A new date for the tour will be announced as soon as possible and we apologise for any disappointment caused by the cancellation.”
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk contenders are Havensfield free range eggs and Purely Pesto, while the Essex finalists are Wicks Manor pork and Ken Green fishmongers.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge