Relaunch for Old Mariner pub in Woodbridge following refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The Old Mariner public house in Woodbridge is set to reopen its doors on November 19 following a makeover which includes the introduction of a traditional alehouse tap room.
Publican Vernon Blackmore, who took over the pub in June, is jointly investing with Punch Taverns, which owns the property.
The new tap room will rotate four real ales, served straight from the barrel, and there will be a new food offer described as “traditionally British and home-cooked”.
Mr Blackmore, previously a customer at the pub for many years, said: “The Old Mariner has always been a good drinker’s pub and I’m really looking forward to enhancing that offer.
“I’m excited for the future and have really enjoyed working with Punch who have been very supportive, working with us to bring our joint vision for the pub to life.”
Other plans by Mr Blackmore, together with Old Mariner managers Gemma and Mark, include the introduction of a traditional Sunday Roast offer accompanied by easy listening live music.
Mike Rieder, new business development manager at Punch Taverns, said: “It’s great to be working with Vernon and his team.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
“The offer will be what we all want a good British pub to be – great real ales, backed up by modern beers with proper food which is all delivered by someone with passion and a laugh.”