Rural post office re-opens after year long closure
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The Rendlesham post office has re-opened – almost a year to the day after it suddenly closed its doors.
The Post Office in Rendlesham closed in October 2018 after the Costcutter it was housed in closed.
At the time there were concerns that older people in the village would struggle to get groceries and withdraw their pensions.
The shop re-opened two months later under new ownership but the Post Office has remained closed until this week.
Shoppers will be able to return to the Post Office branch which will be open for more hours than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
The branch will be open from 6am until 11pm each day, totalling 119 hours.
As well as new opening hours, the Post Office also has a new postmaster taking over the branch.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 7 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
Wendy Hamilton, Post Office change manager, said: "I know that this re-opening will be very welcome news for the local community and I hope that customers will continue to use the branch.
"The branch will also be open much longer hours than before."