Ridgeons launches £20k fundraising drive to support Macmillan charity
- Credit: Archant
East of England timber and builders’ merchant chain Ridgeons has launched a partnership which will see it adopt Macmillan Cancer Support as its chosen charity until the end of 2017.
Macmillan Cancer Support is a leading national charity which provides support, advice and specialist healthcare to those affected by cancer.
Over the next two years, Ridgeons has pledged to raise £20,000 for the cause after it was voted to become the firm’s chosen charity by its 800 employees.
The business has already kicked off its fundraising efforts with a charity quiz night, which raised £940. Future fundraising activities include an event to coincide with Go Green Week, a five-a-side football tournament, sponsored hanging baskets, a Macmillan Coffee Morning in September, a celebrity football match and further events to coincide with Christmas.
Angela Rushforth, managing director of Ridgeons, said: “It was difficult to choose just one charity out of so many worthy causes but we are very proud to be able to work with Macmillan Cancer Support over the next two years.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a fantastic, worthwhile charity which provides crucial help to so many patients and families in need of support. We have some fantastic fundraising ideas in the pipeline, and it will be great to see as many of our employees getting involved and supporting our chosen charity as possible.”
Chloe Coombs, regional fundraising manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “We are very excited to be in partnership with Ridgeons. The support we receive from our charity partners is absolutely crucial in allowing us to continue the work that we do, and we could not do that without the help of companies such as Ridgeons. Thank you.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
As well as corporate fundraising activities, Ridgeons is also encouraging employees to donate to Macmillan Cancer Support if they are doing any individual charity fundraising and has set up a corporate “just giving” page to support this.
Ridgeons previously supported East Anglia Air Ambulance, raising more than £15,000 for the charity.