Ridgeons launches £20k fundraising drive to support Macmillan charity
- Credit: Archant
East of England timber and builders’ merchant chain Ridgeons has launched a partnership which will see it adopt Macmillan Cancer Support as its chosen charity until the end of 2017.
Macmillan Cancer Support is a leading national charity which provides support, advice and specialist healthcare to those affected by cancer.
Over the next two years, Ridgeons has pledged to raise £20,000 for the cause after it was voted to become the firm’s chosen charity by its 800 employees.
The business has already kicked off its fundraising efforts with a charity quiz night, which raised £940. Future fundraising activities include an event to coincide with Go Green Week, a five-a-side football tournament, sponsored hanging baskets, a Macmillan Coffee Morning in September, a celebrity football match and further events to coincide with Christmas.
Angela Rushforth, managing director of Ridgeons, said: “It was difficult to choose just one charity out of so many worthy causes but we are very proud to be able to work with Macmillan Cancer Support over the next two years.
“It is a fantastic, worthwhile charity which provides crucial help to so many patients and families in need of support. We have some fantastic fundraising ideas in the pipeline, and it will be great to see as many of our employees getting involved and supporting our chosen charity as possible.”
Chloe Coombs, regional fundraising manager at Macmillan Cancer Support, said: “We are very excited to be in partnership with Ridgeons. The support we receive from our charity partners is absolutely crucial in allowing us to continue the work that we do, and we could not do that without the help of companies such as Ridgeons. Thank you.”
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 5 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 8 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 9 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
As well as corporate fundraising activities, Ridgeons is also encouraging employees to donate to Macmillan Cancer Support if they are doing any individual charity fundraising and has set up a corporate “just giving” page to support this.
Ridgeons previously supported East Anglia Air Ambulance, raising more than £15,000 for the charity.