Ridgeons on track to smash Macmillan fundraising target
- Credit: Archant
Regional timber and builders merchant chain Ridgeons has raised £15,254 in the first year of its two-year partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support.
The figure puts Ridgeons well on course to smash the target of £20,000 set when it adopted Macmillan as its elected charity for 2015-2017.
Employees at Ridgeons, which is based in Cambridge and has more than 20 branches across the eastern region, took part in a range of fundraising activities during 2015, including Go Green Week, Macmillan Coffee Morning, a quiz night, cake sales, an exercise bike challenge and hair shaving.
Director Gordon Ridgeon said: “The money raised this year has gone above and beyond anything we could have predicted, so we’re now even more determined to beat our two year target.
“The money raised is a testimony to everyone at Ridgeons, and we are so proud to support such a worthwhile charity. Macmillan Cancer is an amazing organisation, which provides crucial help to so many patients and families in need of support.”
You may also want to watch:
Jess Levin, fundraising manager in Cambridgeshire at Macmillan Cancer Support, added: “It’s been fantastic working with the Ridgeon Group and we are over the moon with its fundraising efforts so far. Last year’s fundraising efforts saw people paint themselves green and shaving their hair off, so I can’t wait to see what the company gets up to next.”
As well as corporate fundraising activities, Ridgeons is also encouraging employees to donate to Macmillan Cancer Support if they are doing any individual charity fundraising, and has set up a corporate “Just Giving” page to enable this.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive