Rougham: Precon Products breaks into the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100
- Credit: PA
Construction supplies company Precon Products, based on the Rougham Industrial Estate near Bury St Edmunds, has been named in the new Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 listing of Britain’s fastest-growing private companies.
Precon is ranked in 87th place, with annual sales of £11.842million representing growth of 53% over the last three years.
The company, which has a workforce of 12 and stocks a wide range of products for concrete and brickwork, supplies clients ranging from major contractors to families extending their homes.
East Anglia’s highest-ranked company in this year’s list, which is now in its 17th year, is The Cambridge Satchel Company which is in seventh place natinoally with annual sales of £12.853m, representing three-year growth of 184%.
Also in the list are Norwich-based Nake Wines, in 16th place, with annual sales of £34.867m representing growth of 123%, and Norwich City Football Club, which is ranked 74th with annual turnover of £69.395m representing growth of 61%.
All four of the East Anglian companies included are new to the list this year. They feature alongside companies such as restaurant chain Jamie’s Italian, retailer Oak Furniture Land and cycling clothing brand Rapha.
The Fast Track 100 league table and awards programme is sponsored by Virgin, Barclays, Baker Tilly and BGF, and is compiled by Fast Track, the Oxford-based research and networking events company.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 4 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 5 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 6 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 7 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 8 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 9 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
Sir Richard Branson of Virgin, the title sponsor since the list began, said: “There has never been a better time to grow a business in the UK, as this year’s Fast Track 100 list proves.
“The pick-up in confidence and the speed at which technology is changing markets means there are plenty of opportunities for innovative businesses with entrepreneurial spirit and great ideas to thrive.
“The Fast Track 100 companies continue to exceed expectations – let’s hope they act as a spur to the next generation of aspiring entrepreneurs.”