RSPB reaches out to farmers at show
FARMERS interested in Environmental Stewardship schemes but unsure of their options are being offered free advice at the Tendring Hundred Show, which takes place on Saturday, July 10.
Frank Vargas, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds’ new Essex farmland bird adviser, will be on hand at the RSPB’s stand within the countryside and conservation area to answer visitors’ questions on the best package of options to help farmland birds and other wildlife.
He can help with conservation management and explain how effective it can be in increasing populations of declining farmland bird species as well as boosting the financial benefits of farming. Mr Vargas, said: “Many farmers in the region are doing their bit to help declining bird populations, and I am here to make sure they have all the support they need to access agri-environment funding.”
The countryside area at the show will also include “Owls R Us”, a display of birds of prey, while the flower marquee will include two displays marking the 50th anniversary of the Beth Chatto Gardens.
Other attractions at the Tendring Show this year include the Chariots of Fire pony display team and the Colchester Gladiators American Football team and cheerleaders.
You may also want to watch:
The show takes place at Lawford Park, Lawford, near Manningtree, and is open from 8.30am.
For information on ticket sales and prices, visit www.tendringshow.co.uk .
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!