Ryanair adds Frankfurt route to winter schedules at Stansted and Manchester
- Credit: Archant
Budget airline Ryanair has added another new route from Stansted airport as part of its winter schedule, bringing the number announced in the last couple of weeks to four.
It is laying on new routes to Frankfurt Main, with two flying out daily, while Manchester will have six flights a week to the German city.
The carrier’s head of communications Robin Kiely said the new additions, which will be added to the schedule in October, would be “ideal” for business and leisure customers.
Last week, Ryanair announced a winter programme for 2017-18 which included three new routes at Stansted, to Aalborg, Oradea and Pardubice, each with three flights a week.
Winter services are also be added to six existing summer routes, including Copenhagen (three flights daily), Naples and Nice (one daily), Cagliari and Oslo Torp (both three weekly), and Ponta Delgada (one weekly).
Meanwhile, existing services to 13 winter routes - Billund, Bratislava, Budapest, Cologne, Baden, Lublin, Marseille, Stockholm Skavsta, Plovdiv, Poznan, Prague, Sofia and Toulouse - will be extended.
Its Manchester winter schedule is due to be unveiled shortly.
- 1 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 2 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 3 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 4 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 5 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
- 6 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 7 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 8 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 9 'The Piggy Tail Trail' is Mid Suffolk town's fourth art event
- 10 Dobra's the latest youngster to exit Town... the attacker no longer fits the Blues' timeline
“Ryanair customers can choose from 124 London Stansted routes next winter,” said Mr Kiely.
To celebrate the new Frankfurt routes, the airline released a limited number of very low-priced tickets across its European network.
Mats Sigurdson, Stansted’s aviation director welcomed the latest additions.
“Frankfurt Main is another great addition to Stansted’s route network and more good news for the region, particularly business passengers wanting regular and convenient access to one of Europe’s key cities,” he said.
“The route will also be very popular with passengers wishing to take advantage of the extensive long-haul connections on offer at Frankfurt.”
Manchester Airport chief executive officer, Ken O’Toole said: “It is pleasing to see Ryanair continue to expand their route network at Manchester.
“Frankfurt is popular with leisure passengers and a key business market for the North. That is why it is hugely positive to be able to offer passengers more choice in terms of how they access the destination from Manchester Airport.”