Essex ice cream producer scoops national sorbet award
- Credit: Saffron Ice Cream Company
Essex-based The Saffron Ice Cream Company has triumphed in this year’s National Great Taste awards, winning an award for its Cammas Hall Raspberry Sorbet.
The dairy free, handmade treat which is produced on a family farm in Saffron Walden is made using fresh raspberries which are grown locally at Cammas Hall Fruit Farm in Needham Green.
Sorbet entries were received from across the UK and the judges were impressed with the raspberry sorbet taste, texture and appearance and felt it worthy of an award.
The raspberry sorbet was the only sorbet product to win an award in Essex and was one of only six raspberry sorbet award winners from across the country.
Harry Bond, production manager at The Saffron Ice Cream Company said: “Our raspberry sorbet is one of my favourites and the production team and I are so pleased that we’ve won an award for this product. We source the very best local fruit to create this product, which is really popular with the chefs we supply it to.”
You may also want to watch:
The sorbet was judged during a 10 week process, where 10,000 food products from ice cream to wine were blind tasted by a panel of expert judges.
Managing director Dominic Parry said they produced their ice creams and sorbets using fresh, local ingredients.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
To win a star is very sought after as it is judged by experts within the industry who know when something outstanding is put in front of them, he said.
Products from The Saffron Ice Cream Company are for sale throughout local shops, restaurants and at events across te region, he said.
The Saffron Ice Cream Company have been producing ice cream since 2010
The company specialise in artisan quality ice creams and sorbets with a seasonal and fresh focus, with a variety of flavours each day, including vanilla and caramel.