Sainsbury’s recall pesto over peanut allergy fears
- Credit: Archant
Sainsbury’s are recalling five different types of pesto over fears they could be contaminated with peanuts.
The supermarket's green pesto, lighter green pesto, chilli pesto, red pesto, and spinach and ricotta pesto - all sold in 190g jars - are being removed from shelves nationwide.
Customers are urged to return any jars they may have to the shop in exchange for a full refund.
In an announcement to their customers, a Sainsbury's spokesman said: "It has been brought to our attention that these products may contain traces of peanut which is not declared on the pack.
"As a precautionary measure, we are asking customers who have purchased the above products and have an allergy or intolerance to peanut, to return it to their nearest Sainsbury's store, where they will receive a full refund.
You may also want to watch:
"No other Sainsbury's products have been affected by this issue."
The supermarket can be contacted via their website or on 0800 636262 with any further concerns.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?